Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Kitchen Backspalsh

Just because I haven't updated this blog in a long while doesn't mean I haven't been busy!
In fact, I have had so much work to catch up on, and still do, I don't always have time, even intellectual time to keep up here.
I have a few projects to post, lets see how far I get.
here is a tile backsplash full of fun creative ideas, I completed this work over Christmas...that gives you some idea of how far behind in blogging I am!
The tiles are 8"x 8" and run along the counter top in this cute circa 1920 cottage kitchen. The whole house is undergoing a complete remodel. The project revolves around a variety of whimsical pictorial scenes straight from the client's imagination, alternating with bold black and white geometric patterns, slightly art deco; the actual finish of the glaze on the tiles also has a vintage feel to it.












This was a tremendously fun project to do.

Nature goddess, farm animals, wildlife and space ship feature here.


If only! Bio diesel gas station!



Diversity and unity in the community.












Hail storm! And Mr Wind.
I will post pictures of the tiles installed as soon as they are.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Absolutely wonderful, what a treasure for that cottage kitchen!!