Friday, July 09, 2010

New Floorcloth

This floorcloth is going into a bathroom, with a bright red shower curtain trimmed in the bright fringe shown below, and with venetian plaster walls in a beautiful rich teal green on which hangs the painting of the fish with a bicycle (!).
Below is the art work I did for the client. I did two versions, including slightly different colourings...they picked the one they liked, the designer got me a sample of the shower curtain and the trim, and away we go....

I am using graphic style crayon lines on the floorcloth to make a nod toward the crayon or charcoal lines drawn in the painting on the wall...





I have also used the stars from the painting, and had a lot of fun painting them, too, with the black lines and all.
There's the fringe, its all looking pretty good...









Time to varnish and trim!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful floorcloth! Your client should be very pleased with the results.

Monique