Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Child's Rocking Chair, Last Furniture For A While....

This adorable child's rocker has been very fun to paint...

Funny thing about rockers, though, they rock. They move. Its was constantly surprising me when the thing moved as I tried to paint it....Hilarious.

I learned to cope.

The rocker is vintage. It has a damaged, no longer functioning music box on the back. The client asked me to leave it, and not paint it, I also left the vintage "Stork" label unpainted (not shown here. I should get a picture of that!)







This piece marks the end of a long furniture painting jag.
Next up: 20 yards plus of fabric with little fish, and dragonflies, for a client....I'm always pretty psyched by the variety my work brings me...no boredom here ever!!! Stay tuned!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your stuff and I found it through a pinterest pin. I am repinning one of your chairs to my "Boho Chic for Boomers" board here:

http://pinterest.com/boomerinas/boho-chic-for-boomers/

If that's a problem, let me know by leaving a comment on any article (at the bottom of the page) at Boomerinas.com or you can try leaving a comment on Pinterest, but I may not see it for a while. I really like your work. Tina Boomerina

Ms Lucy Gibson said...

Beautiful chairs!!
Would you mind sharing what type of paint you use please? I'm about to repaint a rocking horse and wanted to go for a mexican/ gypsy vibe but not sure of the best paint...
Thanks!