Monday, February 23, 2009

Lake Bird Pillows Continued

Here are the next birds!

I decided to make one ''back'', for the set, in the mix. So there will be 7 pillows, not 8.
White Egrets make me laugh. They seem to have a harassed windblown look sometimes.

I added a very effective brownish blue shadow outline around each central area (containing the birds) on the finished pieces, and included it in the newer ones. Its a perfect touch, creating more depth and mood. Adding that outline had a magical effect on the work, bringing the bird into more prominence, and making the background deeper and richer. Amazing what a simple thing like that can do. I am glad it occurred to me.

Compare these pictures to the ones in the previous post to see the effect of the better ''framing''.

I like it!!

No comments: