Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Painted Nightstands

I have been asked to paint 2 nightstands to match a carved screen that painted about 2 years ago.













Here's the art work, showing three variations




Its a little nerve racking, painting in this bed room. The carpet, bedspread, are all very vulnerable to getting paint spilled on them. I move very carefully the whole time I am here, and cover everything obsessively with plastic sheeting.



Pretty soon, I am not so worried about spilling all my paints all over the place, and am lost in the work.
Guests are coming at the end of the week, and the work needs to be all done , including varnish and my materials all cleared away, so the guests can relax and have a good time.
I daubed the mirror with some colour and some gold to have it match the rest of the room more.

No comments: