Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cat Portrait Tiles

Here is a set of 5 specially commissioned 8"x8" cat portraits on tiles.....oh yes, and a geometric one I did to fill up the tile stacker in the kiln!Click on the pictures to see them larger.
Here you can see the tiles before firing....And after....The likenesses are very good. I am amazed , and very pleased, at how well they turned out! Likeness is a tricky thing....

Before.....
After...... Before....After....
I am startled at how much this looks like the real cat!!

Before firing.....



And after.


These tiles will join others installed on the walls of an outdoor patio; a veritable Rougue's Gallery of cats. Later, I will have pictures of that on this blog.
And also better, less blurry, pictures of these tiles...

1 comment:

CarolynPhi said...

I really like how you've captured their look of "curiosity" not only on their faces, but in the alertness of their whole bodies!!! I love them!!!