Thursday, February 25, 2010

Painting Furniture

I am on a total roll....I have several chairs, a table and a chest of drawers to paint....I haven't painted furniture in quite a while, and its a really nice change!

I simply cant stop, especially when I have a lot of colours all mixed up ready to go in very nuanced , and not so nuanced (!)shades ; it becomes so satisfying to put them next to each other in a sequence...

A lot of work goes into chairs... all those spindles! And underneath bits! Much dripping to curtail in a timely fashion...
some days, after hours of work and concentration, it feels like I haven't got anywhere!
But the result is they all get done at once...very cool. This table will get the treatment soon....I am thinking fish and waves with a pattern in the centre...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your chairs! Can you tell me if I paint an entire chair blue, for example,, then paint some kind of designs over that, won’t the base color (blue) show thru