Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tile Project And Some Mugs For Winter

I have a very specific tile painting job- 25 eight inch square tiles to paint with tropical fishes to faithfully match a shower curtain.
Since these 8" tiles can only fit into my kiln 14 at a time, leaving a lot of space around them, I am taking this opportunity to begin building my winter(as in "Christmas") inventory of mugs and other pottery.....to fill up the space around the tiles as I fire them.



I didn't expect to be painting mugs and things like that so early on, but when there is space in the kiln, one is compelled to FILL IT!



Following the previous few days of fabric painting, I can say I am still a little bit on "Busman's Holiday" - doing work, yeah, sure, but really enjoying it....

I will work on this for a few more days, and then I have a mural to begin in someone's home.

No comments: